- Community – Support and Giving Back
- Respect – Every day, Every-way
- Teamwork – Support Each Other
- Integrity – Ethical, Honest, Accountable
Proudly providing diversity of services and support in every community we serve.
Delivering exceptional experiences while enriching our communities and returning profits to our members by providing superior service, products and facilities.
Mid Island Co-op adheres to the seven internationally recognized Cooperative Principles. Co-operative Principles are guidelines by which co-operatives put their values into practice. The following statement of principles was developed though the International Co-operative Alliance.
- Voluntary and Open Membership
- Democratic Control
- Member Economic Participation
- Autonomy and Independence
- Education, Training and Information
- Co-operation among Co-operatives
- Concern for Community
Role of a Member (Core Function)
To participate in the ownership, control and patronage of their Co-operative to the end that fulfills its purpose (meets the needs of the members).
Responsibilities of a Member
Different members will have a variety of interests in their Co-operatives. However, for the Co-op to effectively function as a Co-operative, each member should be carrying the majority of the following responsibilities:
- Patronize the Co-operative.
- Abide by the laws and policies of the Co-operative.
- Participate in the election of Directors.
- Participate as a Director.
- Assess the performance of the organization.
- Communicate complaints, suggestions, comments and needs of the Co-operative.
- Participate in activities of the Co-operative.
- Explain or discuss the Co-operative with other members and potential members.